A 3-year old girl died after ingesting a coin battery in Queensland while doctors misdiagnosed her condition as food poisoning.
According to sources, the recent death sparked outrage with parents issuing a warning to others about the seriousness of the condition. Meanwhile, Brittany Conway’s condition left plenty in tears with loved ones mourning her loss. The incident took place 3 weeks back when the toddler complained of a sore throat.
Suddenly, she started having chest pain and plenty of nose bleeding too. At the same time, she vomited a lot and in the end, it left her parents in absolute shock. They simply couldn’t understand what was going on with their child.
‘She quickly put her hands across her chest, and then she bent over,’ her terrified mothers exclaimed. At the same time, she kept on crying and telling her mom how her ‘boobies’ hurt so badly. After rushing her to the nearest hospital, doctors didn’t seem to be too worried.
Moreover, they diagnosed her condition as food poisoning or something related to a virus. Right after a massively long 9-day scattering of pain, doctors finally took an x-ray. And that’s when they discovered that she actually swallowed a button battery.
According to research, dozens of children swallow button batteries in Australia every month. And that’s when they become severely ill. News reports confirmed how she is actually the third child in the country to pass away from such a serious incident since 2013.
Medical experts warn how consuming a battery by accident is one of the most detrimental aspects of one’s life. Unfortunately, these batteries are an integral part of our lives. Hence, there’s not a lot we can do to avoid bringing them into our lives. However, we need to be more vigilant about their existence.
The shocking incident has the world at a standstill with plenty of mourners alongside Brittany’s own family. This is one of the most heartbreaking tragedies that a parent has to go through, confirmed authorities and health experts.