A dog saved the lives of four patients after she ran inside the building to raise the alarms.
The hero dog named Matilda was pregnant and got several burns after passing the carbon monoxide fumes. Matilda raised the alarm after the fire began at Vasilek shelter in St Petersburg, Russia. The four patients were successfully rescued from the major hospice fire, but the dog underwent several grievous injuries.
Alexander Tsinkevich and Elena Kalinina were the two volunteers who rescued Matilda. Her condition was quite serious, and she was groaning and crumbling with pain. “Despite several appalling burns, she endured everything like a hero,” said a reporter.
Animal campaigners in St Petersburg are looking after Matilda, and they’re hoping that she will recover soon.
She has got savage burns at the abdomen, face, and neck.Experienced fertility specialists examined her and said no damage had been done to the puppies, and they’re developing well. However, the number of babies growing inside her can not be confirmed yet as she’s a big dog.
Matilda’s nipples had got severely damaged, and experts said she wouldn’t be able to feed her puppies.
Earlier on July 4, a dog saved a Tennessee family from fire after signaling her owner.Roux, the rescue dog, started barking outside the house after she saw the neighbor’s house on fire. Jeff LeCates, on the unusual barking of his dog, went to see that what is wrong with her.
The dog flew past him as soon as he opened the door and stopped at the door of a house that was on fire.
LeCates alerted the sleeping family, and fortunately, the three family members and their pets escaped unharmed. The woman whose house was on fire was the savior of Roux. She was the one who introduced Roux to LeCates; in this way, roux returned the favor to the lady.