Meet the Texas family that has received the most heartbreaking news and tragedies in a span of a few weeks.
Stephanie Rubio and her three young kids had their heartbroken twice in just 21 days. According to media reports, Stephanie’s husband Robert passed away from COVID-19 complications on the 28th of January, right after they spent 8 whole days at the hospital.
Recently on Tuesday, the family’s troubles skyrocketed when they also lost their home that was filled with memories galore. And that was because a fire broke out, while they attempted to stay warm from the devastating winter storm Uri that lashed Texas in the most unpredictable of ways.
The winter storms and below zero freezing temperatures left many citizens without power, creating chaos and confusion across the board. This includes numerous flights being halted and hospitals flooded with news about carbon monoxide poisoning as many attempted to camp out in vehicles as a means of staying warm.
Therefore, thousands of families are now living without basic necessities such as power, water, and heat and the Rubio family is no exception.
They live in Texas’s Fort Davis, which is approximately 150 miles away from Odessa. The family mentions how they are living without any power sources since Monday when a major outage enveloped the area at 4 in the early morning.
To help keep themselves warm, the mother and her 3 young kids solely rely upon firewood as fuel for the fireplace. However, by early Tuesday afternoon, they were almost out. Since they had no choice, Stephanie and her 15-year-old son put on a brave face and walked through the stormy road conditions, just so they could pick up some firewood supplies.
After looking at the shop’s parking lot, the mum of 3 mentioned how she witnessed piles of smoke in the near distance. And that was when she received a phone call from an acquaintance regarding how it was in fact her home that had become enveloped in a fire. At that time, her sons were taking a nap, unaware of what was going on.
Suddenly, they became alert to the massive fumes of smoke and rushed out before it was too late. While authorities are still investigating the matter, the family is looking for all the help they need from other sources.
Recommended Video For You!
“Here’s The Truth Behind The Photo Of Firefighters That’s Being Shared All Over Facebook This Week”