Heartbreaking news stunned families in Ohio as a 4-month-old baby girl died after her family dog was found upon her.
According to media reports, authorities in Ohio suspect that the young child may have undergone accidental suffocation. And they suspect that the family’s puppy may be responsible for the act.
The innocent child’s father broke down in tears as he explained the gruesome moments that led up to his shocking finding. Little Raelynn Larrison’s dad found her lying unconscious. He also found the family puppy resting on top of her. Panicked with fear, the father rushed to call 911 from his Dayton home at about 7 pm.
When the 911 operator picked up, he frantically spoke about the incident. He told dispatchers that his puppy was lying on top of his daughter who was unconscious at that time. “I just noticed it,” he yelled. The news was confirmed via an audio recording of the emergency call which was obtained by a local media outlet.
“She’s not breathing,” the worried father screamed.“My baby isn’t breathing,” the father continued to yell, as reported by Dayton Daily News.
On that note, paramedics rushed to the little girl’s residence.They took her to Dayton’s Children’s Hospital. Unfortunately, it was too late and she was pronounced dead on arrival by medical experts.
Currently, police officers are carrying out an investigation as to what really went on. While there are no recent public statements by the authorities or the families, police did hint towards a possible case of accidental suffocation.
Meanwhile, little Raelynn Larrison’s family members are embedded in grief, shocked to the core. It’s truly an ‘unexpected tragedy’ that no one anticipated. In the same way, local news reports confirmed how the family is currently seeking expenses for the young child’s funeral via a GoFundMe page set up.