The famous Burnley football enthusiast and the man behind the White Lives Matter Banner that rose above the Etihad Stadium, has recently been sacked from his role by an engineering firm.
The defiant 24-year-old man, Jake Hepple, was dismissed from all his duties as a welder, by the Paradigm Precision. The Lancashire based engineering company announced later in the afternoon that it ‘did not condone or tolerate racism in any form.’
The firm’s announcement came in light of Mr. Hepple’s interview with the MailOnline, where he boldly announced that he had zero regrets about the stunt. Simultaneously, he apologized with an excuse for his use of abusive language, stating how he tends to get a ‘bit choked up and uses offensive language.’
He also went on to explain how he is by no means a racist and the media was trying to blow things out of proportion. Similarly, Mr. Hepple went on to state that if given the chance, he would do it all again.
He publicly claimed:
‘I’m not racist. I know people are trying to make out to be one but I’m not. I’ve got lots of Black and Asian friends and this banner was inspired by the Black Lives Movement.
‘We were not trying to offend the movement or black people. I believe that it’s also important to acknowledge that white lives matter too. That’s all we were trying to say.’
According to reports, Burnley FC has given Mr. Hepple a lifetime ban. Similarly, his engineering firm had also warned him of his dismissal. However, he chose to not pay heed and claimed that everyone was ‘overreacting over the matter.’
Additionally, Jake Hepple’s girlfriend, 21-year-old Megan Rambadt, has also received major backlash and criticism for supporting her boyfriend. She also faces a temporary ban from her duties as a beautician.
The outspoken Burnley football fan claimed that the police visited his home on Tuesday to reassure that no criminal charges would be pressed against him. Simultaneously, they offered him and his family protection in case any death threats were received, in regards to the banner.
Mr. Hepple said that a total of 60 people contributed to the banner’s uprising as well as the hiring of the plane that flew the banner. The entire deal rounded up to a staggering total of £600. At the same time, he claimed that there were hundreds more willing to make contributions in support of the ‘White Lives Matter’ cause.
According to reports, the aircraft flew above the stadium, as soon as footballers of Manchester City and the Burnley FC took a knee, to show support for the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement.
Even after the entire ordeal, Mr. Hepple stands by his previous statements saying:
‘I supported the idea and believed that it needed to be said. I still do. Then the attack happened in Reading and I thought I have to get more involved with the banner.’
‘I was angry that white people had been killed and nobody was making a fuss about that.
I stand by this banner and what it says 100 percent. I’m not sorry at all and I’m not ashamed of what I’ve done.’
The Burnley management has also condemned the incident, terming it as ‘irresponsible’, when an airplane flew an ‘offensive banner’ across the renowned Etihad Stadium.