5 people have reportedly died and hundreds more turn seriously ill after consuming contaminated chicken from Poland recently.
The shocking news was released early Monday morning as the Food Standards Agency called out 3 famous chicken products for their possible link to salmonella. The products are renowned under the brand name SFC. To be more specific. authorities mentioned that they are famously sold as a chicken boneless bucket as well as poppets. Other than that Vestey Food’s Chick Inn’s jumbo chicken nuggets were also amongst the leading list of contaminated goods.
Media reports confirmed how the meat used in these commercial products came from a Polish firm and is reportedly linked to two hazardous strains of the salmonella species.
Most of the meat was used to form cheaply priced frozen chicken nuggets, alongside a number of breaded chicken products. Shockingly, they’re sold at countless supermarkets across the United Kingdom throughout the year with sales reaching peaks over the past year.
Local news outlets talked about how 480 people fell seriously ill after consuming the chicken products with similar reports of salmonella food poisoning. Moreover, one in three individuals became so sick that they required serious hospital intervention too.
Most of these processed goods are usually bought by parents who look at their convenience and feasibility when making such purchases. Officials also talked about how many of the patients included young children as parents turn to such products as easy meals for their kids to enjoy. However, they tend to forget about the harmful risks attached.
Officials released the latest statistics showing how most of the victims, around 44% belonged to the under 16 year age group which is seriously alarming.
Now, authorities are issuing grave warnings to help raise awareness on the issue and prevent mass consumption before it’s too late. Hence, if you have these in your freezer, please discard them immediately.
[rumble video_id=v3m46w domain_id=u7nb2]