The Eiffel tower is sealed off due to a bomb threat after a man threatened to blow it up.
The Paris landmark was evacuated around midday Wednesday after a man, made an anonymous phone call claiming explosives had been left there.
Police evacuated all the visitors, surrounded the landmark, and threw up security cordons on surrounding roads.
According to the local TV station BFM Paris, police received the anonymous phone call around noon claiming the explosives had been planted to blow up the Eiffel tower.
After getting the mystery phone call armed police were seen searching the area for possible explosives.
French journalist Amaury Bucco posted a tweet saying that the perimeter of the Eiffel Tower has been cordoned off and operation is in progress. He said police had told him that a man threatened to blow the landmark up, but this has not been verified.
A source at the tower said that the Eiffel Tower is currently closed until further notice because someone claimed that he had planted a bomb that is why the place has been evacuated. He further added that “Checks are being carried out, and a safety perimeter has been set up in the meantime. This is a routine precaution.”
The roads leading to the Eiffel Tower have been sealed off and people are being told to stay away and avoid the area.
The Parisian landmark Eiffel Tower was just recently reopened with a limited number of visitors because it was closed during the coronavirus lockdown.
In normal times approximately six million people a year, and around 25,000 people a day, and visit the 906ft top deck.
This is not the first time as it has been hit by security alters before too, which turned out to be a bluff.
Even terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda also have threatened in recent years to blow it up. And last year anti-government Yellow Vest movement lit fires at the base of the tower and ruined the fencing.