Thirty-nine years have passed since Harrison Ford first graced the movie screens as Indiana Jones, and now the 77-year-old actor has revealed that the fifth installment of the franchise will start production soon.
Ford, who is also popularly known for his role as Han Solo in the Star Wars trilogy, has confirmed in a television interview that he’ll start doing Indiana Jones again in about two months.
According to CBS’s Sunday Morning, the actor emphasized that he feels ‘obliged’ to get back to the characters he’s played before when the audience has enjoyed them.
Reports said the film returns 12 years after the last movie of the franchise, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Talking about its return, Ford stated:
“I’m gonna start doing Indiana Jones in about two months. I’m always delighted to come back to these characters. We have the opportunity to make another because people have enjoyed them. I feel obliged to make sure that our efforts are as ambitious as they were when it started. You have a sense of responsibility to your customers.”
“I think of the people who go to my movies more as customers than I do as ‘fans’, ‘fans’ feels kind of weird to me, always has. But the fact that these people support my business, and I’m responsible to them for the quality of the service that I offer.”
Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, also confirmed the news about the fifth installment of the franchise earlier this month in BAFTAs.
Kennedy said to a BBC journalist:
“We’re working away [on the film], getting the script where we want it to be and then we’ll be ready to go. Harrison Ford will be involved, yeah. It’s not a reboot; it’s a continuation. He can’t wait.”
Reports said the original plan was set to release the film this year but was pushed back to 2021 due to certain issues with the script.
Recommended Video For You!
“Great Danes Watch Horses Splash In A Pond, Want In On The Fun”