In Australia, a man caused an explosion after he tried to kill cockroaches in his kitchen with an aerosol flamethrower.
The man from Mount Isa used an aerosol can like a flamethrower, injured himself, and blew out the windows in his house.
The police and fire crews received the report about the explosion and arrived on the scene shortly.
According to the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, the unidentified man suffered lacerations to his hand and head from the shrapnels caused by the blast.
“We were just sitting out and having a few beers and we just heard ‘boohowww,’” a neighbor said.
The neighbor also added that the blast made everything vibrate.
Officer Ian Louden said they believed that the man ignited a can and a half of insect aerosol spray while trying to burn the cockroaches. This has reportedly caused the windows to shatter and blew the kitchen walls of the house.
Louden added that insect sprays have clear labels warning against exposing them to a flame.
“The instructions are put on these things for a purpose and if failure to follow them can result in as it did, in this case, extreme damage to the property,” Louden said.
The man’s family said he was discharged from the hospital with a few stitches to his head.