A young 2-year-old boy from Kentucky passed away recently after ingesting his mother’s fentanyl.
The tragic news from the state of Kentucky left so many people devastated and heartbroken after hearing about how the shocking incident took place.
According to local media outlets, the boy consumed the fentanyl that was left in his mother’s purse. She was sleeping at the time and hence had no clue about what her young son was up to. Hence, by the time she got up, he was dead.
Moreover, authorities investigating the case confirmed how the fentanyl was reportedly purchased using the mother’s stimulus check.
33-year-old Lauren Ashley Baker told cops on Thursday how she got the highly addictive synthetic opioid just last weekend from Cincinnati. She also admitted to making use of her funds from her stimulus check too.
After receiving the highly synthetic drug, which is known to be around 100 times more potent than morphine itself, the mother explained how she brought the drug back with her to Ludlow. She even confessed to how she shared it with two other of her friends, as reported to the police.
Soon, she took the shot of the noxious substance on Thursday, right before she fell fast asleep. This was the point in time where her young and innocent two-year-old toddler emptied out her bag and ate some of the drugs, as she dozed away.
But when she soon awoke later, she saw that her young child wasn’t breathing. Therefore, the mum opted to inform the child’s father who is yet to be identified, who then called up the cops for assistance. But when the officers arrived, they found the child to be in a state of respiratory arrest, as they came to their residence.
Paramedics rushed the young child to the nearby Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, where doctors pronounced him as dead.